Learn more about Children’s Country Day School’s mission, our vision, our philosophy and our objectives.
To provide a nurturing, farm and nature-based preschool experience, fostering a love of learning, respect for others, and a positive self-concept.
The philosophy at Children’s Country Day School is based on the premise that each child is a unique and special individual with varying interests, needs, and abilities. Respect for these differences is reflected in an approach to learning that is individualized, allowing each child to progress at his or her own pace.
• To provide a warm, nurturing environment which encourages the potential for the development of the “whole child.”
• To provide an environment with developmentally appropriate materials, based on successful experiences, encouraging all children to develop a healthy self-concept and a positive self-esteem.
• To offer an environment which encourages your child to develop his or her capabilities and interests at their own pace and according to their individual needs. A program which recognizes the uniqueness of each child and provides positive encouragement for continued growth.
• To maintain an environment which provides the child with the opportunity to learn by doing, moving from concrete hands-on experiences to more abstract concept development, thus providing opportunities for a lifetime of creative living and learning.
• To provide an environment which offers opportunities to have first-hand exposure to life, both plant and animal, thus providing children with sensitivity and a respect for others.
• To provide an atmosphere based on respect, cooperation, caring, and sharing.